- Elasticity for data stream processing applications.
- Modelling the behaviour of distributed systems.
- Single- and multi-objective optimisation problems.
- (Near) Real-time solutions for big data analytics.
- Machine Learning and Reinforcement learning.
- Edge/FoG computing.
- Internet of Things (IoT) issues.
- Here you can find my research statement.
- 2016 - present: Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Title: Algorithms for big data analytics.
- Advisors: Marcos Assunção and Laurent Lefèvre.
- Hosting team: AVALON-Team in LIP at ENS-Lyon.
- Defense: September 2019.
- Approach: I propose models and solutions for the placement problem of (near)real-time big data analytics on heterogeneous infrastructures addressing the single- and multi-objective optimisation problem. In my models, I apply methods from queueing theory, Markov Decision Process(MDP), and Reinforcement Learning(RL). My solutions rely on series-parallel graphs, Monte-Carlo Tree Search (MCTS), Temporal Difference Tree Search (TDTS), Q-learning and greedy algorithms.
- 2012 - 2014: M.Sc. in Computer Science.
Other paper reviews
- Review for CCGrid 2017, IEEE Globecom 2017, and IEEE Globecom 2018.
- August 30, 2019: I was invited to be a PC member of ICPP 2020.
- August 21-23, 2019: I visited the University of Toronto and I also participated of a seminar [talk].
- August 7, 2019: A paper titled “Monte-Carlo Tree Search and Reinforcement Learning for Reconfiguring Data Stream Processing on Edge Computing” was accepted at The International Symposium on Computer Architecture and High Performance Computing (SBAC-PAD 2019).
- August 5, 2019: I attended the 48th International Conference on Parallel Processing and I gave a [talk].
- May 21, 2019: A paper titled “Multi-Objective Reinforcement Learning for Reconfiguring Data Stream Analytics on Edge Computing” was accepted at 48th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP).
- May 17, 2019: I attended the 19th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium in Cluster, Cloud, and Grid Computing held in Larnaca, Cyprus and I gave a [talk].
- February 16, 2019: A paper titled “Distributed Operator Placement for IoT Data Analytics Across Edge and Cloud Resources” was accepted at IEEE/ACM International Symposium in Cluster, Cloud, and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2019).
- November 12-15, 2018: I attended the 16th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing held in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China and I gave a [talk].
- July 23, 2018: A paper titled “Latency-Aware Placement of Data Stream Analytics on Edge Computing” was accepted at International Conference on Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC).
- July 10, 2018: I attended the USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Edge Computing held in Boston, MA, USA.
- June 23, 2018: A poster titled “Latency-Aware Strategies for Placing Data Stream Analytics onto Edge Computing” was accepted at USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Edge Computing (HotEdge ‘18).
- June 28-30, 2017: I attended the COMPAS held in Sophia-Antipolis, France and I gave a [talk].
- April 29, 2017: A paper was accepted in the Conférence d’informatique en Parallélisme, Architecture et Système(COMPAS).
- October 7, 2017: A paper titled “Resource Elasticity for Distributed Data Stream Processing: A Survey and Future Directions” was accepted at Journal of Network and Computer Applications.
- July 27-30, 2015: I attended the 21st International Conference on Parallel, and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications held in Las Vegas, Nevada, US and I gave a [talk]
- April 30, 2015: A paper titled “BSPonP2P: Towards Running Bulk-Synchronous Parallel Applications on P2P Desktop Grids” was accepted at International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications.